Surrounded by a rich musical and southern culture, the Macon Film Festival celebrates independent films while promoting filmmaking for entertainment, inspiration, education, and economic development.
2017 Call for Submissions Opening August 17th!
2016 Macon Film Festival - Official Selection Winners
- Best of 'Student Shorts' Category: BIRD DOG directed by Katrina Whalen
- Best of 'LGBT' Category: HOW TO BE ALONE directed by Erez Eisenstein
- Best of 'Documentary' Category: YOU SEE ME directed by Linda J. Brown
- Best of 'Narrative Shorts' Category: COWBOYS directed by Bernabe Rico
- Best of 'Narrative Feature' Category: JASMINE directed by Dax Phelan
- Best of 'Southern' Category: FARMER/VETERAN directed by Alix Blair & Jeremy Lange
- Best of 'Music' Category: CAB ELVIS director Andrew Franks
- The Melvyn Douglass 'Best in Show' Award: AUTUMN FALL directed by Jan Vardoen
- Audience Choice - Narrative Feature: JERICO directed by Seckeita Lewis
- Audience Choice - Narrative Short: ALMOST HOME directed by BJ Golnick
- Audience Choice - Documentary: HOTEL CLERMONT directed by Heather Hutson